If you’re a glasses wearer, you may wonder if investing in prescription sunglasses is a good idea or a waste of money. Are prescription sunglasses worth it? Let’s explore . . .
Are Prescription Sunglasses Worth It?
Sunglasses are the ultimate summertime accessory. They look fabulous, they protect your eyes from the sun, and they can help you stay comfortable throughout the hottest months of the year. However, if you already wear prescription glasses daily, buying sunglasses is not as simple as heading to the store and picking up a pair of shades. Are prescription sunglasses worth it?
The Benefits of Prescription Sunglasses
Why do some people opt for prescription sunglasses when others don’t bother? For some, investing in prescription sunglasses might feel like a frivolous use of money. However, sunglasses do much more than add flair to your outfit. If you’ve never looked into the benefits of prescription sunglasses, you might be surprised at everything they can do for you:
- Protecting your eyes from ultraviolet (UV) damage is essential to maintaining overall eye health. UV damage has been linked to issues like cataracts and other forms of macular degeneration. Prescription sunglasses are typically rated for UV protection.
- Prescription sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun’s glare, which can help you avoid headaches and eye strain. Sunglasses also offer other benefits like polarized lenses, which can provide even better protection from harsh light than standard glasses.
- Prescription sunglasses can make your summer easier. They improve visibility for activities like driving on sunny days or participating in outdoor sports. They also replace accessories like clip-on sunglasses and protect your eyes better than sunhats or other kinds of sun protection.
- If you have a complex prescription or other complicated eye issues, prescription sunglasses can be tailor-made to your particular circumstances. With the right pair of prescription glasses, you’ll have convenience and comfort at your fingertips.
- Prescription sunglasses can be a fun fashion accessory to explore. You can purchase frames from famous designers and make a new fashion statement every year! If you’ve always wanted to be able to try the latest sunglasses trends, prescription sunglasses will give you the chance.
Should I Invest in Prescription Sunglasses?
Are prescription sunglasses worth it for you? The answer to that question ultimately lies in your preferences. Still, optical health experts agree that protecting your eyes from UV damage and other harmful elements is essential to your overall eye health. If you wear glasses every day, a pair of prescription sunglasses can make eye protection easy. Even if you don’t wear your glasses on a daily basis, prescription sunglasses can always be handy for a long drive or a day at the beach. Prescription sunglasses are unlikely to be a purchase you’ll regret, so why not talk to your optometrist about them at your next appointment?
Are prescription sunglasses worth it? For most people who wear glasses, absolutely. If you’re unsure if they’re the right investment for you, stop by a Heffington’s location to see our prescription sunglasses collection and talk to our experienced associates. We’ll help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
At Heffingtons, we put our patient’s eye health first, which is why we’re happy to help you find the exact pair of prescription sunglasses for you. Wearing sunglasses that shield your eyes from UV radiation whenever you’re spending time behind the wheel or outdoors is a good start, and opting for polarized sun lenses is even better. If you want to see what a new pair of sunglasses can do for you, stop by Heffington’s and ask for our in-office demonstration. To learn more about the benefits of prescription sunglasses or to schedule an appointment to discuss your eye health or vision, please get in touch with us today.